Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

Unfortunately, this year, Easter falls on the same weekend as Qing Ming Jie (a Chinese holiday), so many of our students went home or took weekend trips. Last night, I invited 8 girls to our house to dye Easter eggs; none came. After a couple hours of sulking, I perked up and decided to try again. Today's weather was not rainy, for once, so I called some people and planned a party in the park. We had hoped for about 30; instead, we had eight girls. It was nice, though... Very manageable and some time to have some good talks. We enjoyed it, and the girls certainly enjoyed it. They had never heard of dying eggs before! We also attracted the occasional passer-by wondering what these crazy foreigners were doing. I think all of them asked two questions: "How much does it cost?" and "Can I eat that?" :-)

Tomorrow afternoon, Matt is going out with some guys to hand out Easter eggs and share the joy of Easter! Keep them and those they meet in mind!