We celebrated Thanksgiving here on Friday evening with our friends and had a great time. As is the Thanksgiving tradition, there was more food than we could possibly eat--leading to lots of yummy leftovers. After dinner we hung out and played Scattegories for a while before walking home in an attempt to burn a few of those calories. It was delicious; and this morning, I am still stuffed. Unfortunately, the camera battery died mid-celebration, but there will be more pictures later as friends email them to me. The final spread of food was definitely picture worthy!
On Thursday, Matt and I kept things low-key, baking calzones and going to a coffee house. It may seem very un-American, but we enjoyed it. :-)
We also enjoyed sharing the holiday with students a bit. On Wednesday, I baked my first-ever pumpkin pies for the students coming to our English Corner. They were so excited to try some traditional Thanksgiving food and totally loved it. Some girls ate three slices; we had to convince them to save some pie for the guys coming later!
![]() |
| thanksgiving 2009 |
