We've had a three-day weekend for Dragon Boat Festival, and it has been nice. Most students didn't go home, so we were able to spend time with them a bit. Matt and one of his good friends went out and had a GREAT time on Wednesday night. And I was able to catch up with a student from my old school, as well as have some of my current students over to eat zongzi (the traditional Chinese food for this holiday).
As we were eating zongzi and watermelon, we were making quite a mess, so I went to grab some napkins out of my cabinet. (These were some of the napkins sent from America with pretty designs on them.) You would have thought that I had given them the most amazing gift of all time. They refused to use the napkins until I promised to give them a clean one to take with them and keep! They were so excited about the first napkins I gave them, that I also handed out Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas napkins. These girls were squealing with each new napkin I pulled out of the cabinet! It was hilarious!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Dragon Boat Festival
Posted by
The Dunns
at
7:58 AM