Thursday, September 11, 2008

No More Exotic Flavor

Since I do only have a couple of classes until October 6, I have had some time to hang out with friends and also to get some things done in the apartment. When we first moved in, I posted some pictures of the new place, but I said that the living room needed some definite work.

I wish I had some before and after pictures... Imagine, if you will, a three-toned couch (black, white and red). The red cushions were filthy, faded, and had the words "Exotic Flavor" imprinted on them. Trust me, the reality is even worse than the image in your mind. That is what we began with... We feel much more at home now that I have had time to go to the fabric market and get seat cushions made to replace the red. (The green couch came with us from the old place.)