We didn't intend to order frog at one of our favorite restaurants earlier today. We were actually really excited about getting our favorite dish of sizzling beef, which tastes amazingly like steak fajitas. Unfortunately, we never can remember the Chinese words for this dish; today, we suffered the consequences.
The funny thing is that about 5 minutes after we ordered, I saw the waitress grab a frog (yes, a live one) out of the aquarium and take it to the back. We'd never seen a live frog at a restaurant but commented that someone must like it, though.
When the waitress first brought out the dish, we still didn't put things together. It certainly wasn't beef, but that was all we knew. I dug into our veggies and left the meat to Matt because it looked fatty and bony. After a few bites, Matt suddenly looked up at me and announced that he thought it was, in fact, us who had ordered the frog. And after inspecting it closer, it was confirmed. You could even still see its green skin. After this, I certainly couldn't eat it, as pictures of Mrs. Davis' biology dissections kept coming to mind.
While Matt ate a bit of it, I don't foresee us ordering frog again anytime soon--not intentionally anyway!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Eating Frog
Posted by
The Dunns
at
8:50 PM