Thursday, March 6, 2008

PB & J

We LOVE Chinese food. And, as everyone says, it is nothing like the Chinese food back home. It's much better here, and we actually eat a lot healthier than we ever did in the States. Of course, we have our favorites: spicy fish soup (Matt's), eggplant and tofu (mine). And while there are still some dishes we don't touch, it's pretty much delicious.

However, I say all this to preface just how grateful I am for peanut butter. Only a few years ago, there was no peanut butter in China. None. And as much as I like tofu and veggies, I still love my weekly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It's like being a kid again... eating lunch and drinking kool-aid at my blue, Smurf picnic table on the back porch. :-) And although Matt is skeptical, I've even convinced myself that my sandwiches are somewhat healthy (peanuts have protein, jelly has fruit!).