Saturday, March 22, 2008

100-Year-Old Fish

There are two students that I had last semester. We always run into them at our favorite restaurant. Last time, they commented how we always eat the same foods, everytime they see us. We told them that we like these foods, and our vocabulary is pretty limited. They invited to take us out for "real" Chinese food.

So, last night, we all went to eat 100-year-old fish. As scary as it sounds (especially since I'm not a fish person), it was actually really good! It's called this because Chinese people have eaten fish this way for hundreds of years. And I can see why. After we ate most of the fish out of the wok, they filled it with water and added vegetables, mutton and tofu. We had a great time eating our "real" Chinese food and hanging out with friends.

Also, spring has come to Hangzhou! Here are a couple of pictures of the trees near our house.

 Photo Collage Photo Collage Photo Collage