Sunday, January 13, 2008

China's Cold Remedy

I've had this cold for a week that I just haven't been able to shake. So, finally, being sick of going through a pack of tissues every day, I took my neighbor's advice. She suggested ginger tea. Trust me, this sounds better than it actually is. It is really just a lot of grated ginger in the bottom of a cup of hot water. I was skeptical, but I have to say after a day of drinking the stuff, I'm feeling much better.

Before we receive boxes of cold medicine from everyone, let me say that we have cold medicine, and we we can also buy it here. I tried the medicines, but they weren't helping. So, the next time you get a cold, give it a try... if you can even buy fresh ginger in the states. I don't know that I ever saw it! :-)