So today, I went down to the area where our veggie market is located, and to my surprise, it was gone! The building (if you can call it that) that used to house the market was completely vacant and filled with rubble. It looked like it had been deserted for years! We've heard that it may just be getting a new roof, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone for good.
It's funny like that here. Three weeks ago, I was at a supermarket where they were tearing down all the walls and men carrying around steel beams through the crowds of people. The next week it was completely transformed with all new shops, walls, floors and businesses were open. It's amazing how quickly buildings go up and come down here! Hopefully my veggie market comes back as quickly and greatly improved as the supermarket shops!
Monday, October 1, 2007
So much for the veggie market...
Posted by
The Dunns
at
9:53 PM