So, I (Amy) am conducting mid-term exams this week in all my classes. Most of the students are doing fairly well. I guess there will always be those who just don't care. My favorite was the kid who wrote his name on a blank piece of paper and turned it in to me instead of answering the 10 questions. In America, you would just fail this student. Oh, but China is different...
You see, no student EVER fails a test, or even a class. If the student fails an exam, you give a make-up exam, then another, then another. I really don't understand this; and even more than not understanding... I really hate it! This means that because a handful of students did not prepare for my exam, I have to spend at least one afternoon, probably more having them take make-up exams. Aarrgh...
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Halfway through the Semester Already
Posted by
The Dunns
at
1:10 PM